Granada estate agency are here to help you with your purchase every step of the way!
Purchase process in Spain
The property purchase process in Spain is very straight forward and we can talk you through step by step of our no risk purchase process. Once you find the property we must first make an offer and have the offer accepted via the vendor. Once the offer is accepted we can recommend local English speaking solicitors to undertake the legal checks. No deposit is to be paid until the solicitor has undertaken the legal checks which takes 3 working days. Once the solicitor has undertaken the legal checks they will prepare a contracto de compraventa (deposit contract) which both purchaser and seller must sign and then the deposit is paid to the seller.
You must then
1. A NIE number (national tax identification number) is needed to sign the title deeds in the notary public, we must apply for this in the local police station, Granada Estate Agency offers a free of charge NIE number service to all clients buying a property through us.
2. The purchaser will need to open a Spanish bank account to set up utility bills on completion of the purchase. The deposit for the deposit contract and the full funds for the purchase are sent to the purchasers solicitors client account.
Breakdown of buying costs
The Buying costs in Spain are approximately 11% (cash buyer) or 14%(mortgage) of the purchase price
· Notary expenses approximately 1%
· Stamp duty approximately 8%
· Land Registry fees approximately 1%
· Lawyer fees approximately 1% with a minimum fee of approximately 1000 Euros.
Granada Estate Agency